Minnesota Secretary Of State - My home is in foreclosure
Skip to main content

My home is in foreclosure

If your home is in foreclosure, you can use it as your voting residence as long as you still reside there.

If you move from the property and do not intend to return, you can no longer vote from that address. Instead, your voting residence will be the address of where you are currently staying, even if you are temporarily with family or friends. You will need to update your voter registration with your new address.

No one can legally challenge your voter registration simply because they know your house is in foreclosure. To legally challenge your registration, a challenger must personally know that you moved from the house and do not plan to come back.