Minnesota Secretary Of State - What's On My Ballot?
Skip to main content

What's On My Ballot?

View your sample ballot

  • The sample ballot shows a list of the candidates and ballot questions you'll be voting on.
  • Information is posted about 45 days before an election.
  • A sample ballot is not available for all local elections. You may need to contact the local government (city, town or school district) holding the election.

See who has filed to be a candidate

  • Candidate filing for federal, state, and county offices, as well as local offices for which a primary is possible, ends on June 5th. Search candidate filings
  • Local offices for which no primary will be held must file for office between July 31 — August 14.

See who has registered as a write-in candidate

Voters can write-in a candidate name for any office on their ballot. The total count of all write-in votes for each office are counted and reported as one number. However, for federal, state and county offices, the number of write-in votes for a specific candidate name are not tallied unless that individual has registered as a write-in candidate by October 30, 2018. The list of registered write-in candidates is now available.

View ballot question advocates

  • Groups or individuals advocating for or against or providing neutral information with respect to any ballot question may request a link to their website appear on the Secretary of State's website.

What's on the Election Day ballot in 2018?

All Minnesota voters will have these races on their ballot:

  • U.S. Senator
  • U.S. Senator (special election)
  • U.S. Representative
  • Governor & Lt. Governor
  • Secretary of State
  • State Auditor
  • Attorney General
  • State Representative
  • Judicial offices

Voters may have one or more of these races on their ballot:

  • County Officers
  • City Officers
  • School Board Members
  • Township Officers
  • Hospital Board Members
  • Park Board District Members
  • Local ballot questions

Need help?

Call us at 1-877-600-VOTE (8683) or contact your county election office.