Minnesota Secretary Of State - High School Study Abroad Safety
Skip to main content

High School Study Abroad Safety

Registration for Secondary School Travel Abroad Organizations

Minnesota Statutes 5A.03 requires that travel abroad programs that provide exchange, study, or travel programs to Minnesota high school students must annually register with the Office of Minnesota Secretary of State. Registration with the Secretary of State must not be considered or represented as an endorsement of the program provider. See the list of registered high school travel abroad programs below. 


Additional Reporting Obligations with the Minnesota Department of Education

State law also requires school districts and charter schools with enrolled students who participate in a travel abroad program to report certain data to Minnesota Department of Education. The most recent report, provided by the Minnesota Department of Education, can be found here. For more information on this reporting obligation, contact the Minnesota Department of Education at 651-582-8664.


Looking to register or renew your Minnesota Study Abroad Organization?

Use this form to register a new organization or to renew a registration.


Minnesota Secretary of State
Business Services
Retirement Systems of Minnesota Building 60 Empire Drive, Suite 100
St Paul, MN 55103

(Staffed 8:00 - 4:00, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays)

Program Provider Address Responsible Officer Phone Expiration Date
World Classrooms

416 Production Street N.

Aberdeen, SD 57401

Brett Newton 507-828-9835  08/28/2019
EF Institute for Cultural Exchange Inc

 Two Education Circle

Cambridge, MA


 Kate Berseth 617-619-1000 07/06/2019