How to Subscribe to the CNS Farm Product Monthly List
The Central Notification System is a method for buyers of farm products to receive information about outstanding liens against farm products that they buy. Lien holders submit information to the Secretary of State through this website, or by mail. Farm product buyers then sign up to receive monthly lists of farm products that have liens against them.
Buyers use the information to determine if a payment for a farm product should be made to the seller and the secured party jointly. This prevents buyers of farm products from having to pay twice for the same product which is commonly known as double jeopardy.
- Create an Online Account: To start receiving the CNS Farm Product Monthly List, you will need to create an online account, or, if you already have an account with Minnesota Business and Liens, you can just sign in. (For instructions on how to create an account, go here)
- Go to Subscriptions: Once your account is created, go to the subscriptions page.
- Choose CNS Farm Product List: Under the header "Data and Image Subscriptions" choose "CNS Farm Product Monthly List"
- Fill out the delivery information. This is the email you would like the Farm Product List sent to each month.
- Click Submit to complete the order.
- Record Your Order Number: Write down or print out the Order Number listed on the Order Confirmation page. This can be used by our office to locate the Order should there be any issues.
- Continue to US Bank: this link will take you to USBank's web site to pay for your certificate.
- Choose "Pay without Registering": On the US Bank page, you will be given the option to set up an online account with their e-services website. This login is not connected to a US Bank account or our online account. You can also click on the “Pay Without Registering” option to bypass the login.
- Complete payment process: the USBank site will accept Visa, Mastercard or Discover.
- Check for Two Emails: Once the payment is completed you will receive two emails. The first email will be a payment confirmation email from US Bank. The second email will be a notification from our office when the order has been processed.
- When to expect to receive your monthly Lists: Your monthly lists are available for download each month. An email with a link to the monthly lists will be sent to you the following month in which the registration takes place, and every month thereafter. You may click on the link in the email or sign in to the Minnesota Business and Lien System (MBLS) to view the lists in your “Download Inventory."
Your subscription is for a 12-month period. Farm product buyers must renew their subscription on or before the 12-month anniversary of their subscription date or subsequent 12-month anniversaries.