Minnesota Secretary Of State - Foreign Limited Partnership Forms
Skip to main content
Important Changes to Office Operations: COVID-19 Information

Foreign Limited Partnership Forms

The following Foreign Limited Partnership forms are available in pdf: 


Use this form to file a Foreign Limited Partnership. For further information, see Minnesota Statutes 321.

NOTE: If forming a Limited Partnership that will be a "Professional entity" (see below), additional language is required in your Certificate of Limited Partnership. A Professional entity must state the company elects to operate under and is subject to Section 319B0.1 to 319B.12 or that the company elects to operate under and is subject to the Minnesota Firms Act. The company must include a list of the professional service the company is authorized to provide.

Types of Professional entities: See List

  • Accountancy
  • Architecture
  • Chiropractor
  • Dentistry & Dental Hygiene
  • Engineering
  • Geoscience
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Law, Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Medicine & Surgery
  • Optometry
  • Pharmacy
  • Physician
  • Physician Assistance
  • Podiatric Medicine
  • Professional Counseling
  • Psychology
  • Registered Nurse
  • Social Work

Foreign Limited Partnership Certificate of Authority.pdf

Use this form to file an Amendment to Certificate of Foreign Limited Partnership. Complete as many amendment options as apply. For further information, see Minnesota Statutes 321.

Foreign Limited Partnership Amendment.pdf

Use this form to file your Foreign Limited Partnership annual renewal once every calendar year. An entity that has been dissolved by our office for failure to file an annual renewal, may retroactively reinstate its existence by filing the current year’s renewal and pay the applicable fee. If changing the Limited Partnership’s name or addresses an Amendment to the Certificate of Limited Partnership must be filed along with the applicable fee.  

Foreign LP Annual Renewal.pdf

See Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 321 for Limited Partnership (LP) filing information.

Many of these services are available online. Go here to use our online system, or go here for instructions.

Either bring the form to our office or mail it to:

MN Secretary of State
60 Empire Drive
Suite 100
Saint Paul, MN 55103

Staffed 8:00 - 4:00
Monday - Friday