How to search business filings
NOTE: Details for Bank/Insurance Corporations can be provided by contacting the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
To search for a Business Filing:
- Go to the Business Filings Online page to get started.
- Search by Business Name: type the Business Name in the search box, click “Search”
- Search by File Number: click “File Number” (above the search box), enter the file number, and click “Search”
- Search Results: The Business Name should display under Search Results below the search box.
- Business Details: On the right hand side of the screen, click on “Details” to proceed to the Business Record Details
- Filing History: On the Business Record Details page, the “Filing History” will display the Filing date and Filing Information
- Ordering Copies: If you would like to view the business filing document, you can order copies by selecting the check box next to file you would like at the bottom of the page and then clicking "order copies".
Can’t find your Business Name?
When searching a business name, only a portion of the name is required. If no results match for your business name, search with a portion of the business name or you may conduct a more thorough search with the options located below the search box.
- Search Scope: If you choose "Begins With" the search results will only display business names that start with the same words entered in the search box. If you choose "Contains" the search results will display all business names that contain the words entered in the Search box.
- Filing Status: If you choose “Active” the search results will only display business names that are currently Active. If you choose “Inactive” the search results will only display business names that are currently Inactive.
- Include Prior Names: If you choose "Exclude" the search will only search the most current business name on record. If you choose “Include” the system will search all business names whether it is a prior business name or current business name.