The following historic sites are maintained and operated by the Minnesota Historical Society. For more information about them, or to learn about visiting them, go to www.mnhs.org or call (651)296-6126.
Alexander Ramsey House, St. PaulBirch Coulee Battlefield, MortonLower Sioux Agency, MortonMille Lacs Indian Museum, OnamiaWilliam G. LeDuc House, HastingsGrand Mound, International Falls Harkin Store, New Ulm Historic Fort Snelling, MinneapolisSt. Anthony Falls, MinneapolisSibley Historic Site, Mendota Split Rock Lighthouse, Two HarborsW. H. C. Folsom House, Taylors FallsW. W. Mayo House, Le SueurLindbergh House, Little FallsComstock House, MoorheadForest History Center, Grand Rapids Fort Ridgely, Fairfax Minnehaha Depot, MinneapolisMinnesota State Capitol, St. PaulNorth West Company Fur Post, Pine CityOliver H. Kelley Farm, Elk RiverHistoric Forestville, Preston James J. Hill House, St. Paul Jeffers Petroglyphs, JeffersLac qui Parle Mission, Montevideo
Split Rock Lighthouse State Historic Site: A single storm on November 28, 1905, damaged 29 ships on Lake Superior and prompted the construction of Split Rock Lighthouse. Completed by the U.S. Lighthouse Service in 1910, it became accessible by land when the North Shore Highway was built in 1924. It quickly became one of Minnesota’s best-known landmarks and the most visited lighthouse in America. The station closed in 1969, when modern navigational equipment made it obsolete, and the State of Minnesota acquired it in 1971. The Minnesota Historical Society now cares for the 25-acre historic site and conducts tours and educational programs at the lighthouse.
Office of The Secretary | Elections & Voting | Business, Nonprofit & UCC | Notary, Apostille & Authentications
Safe at Home |Open Commissions & Appointments | Forms & Publications | Kids & Students | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions