Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government

Minnesota Office of the Secretary of State

Foreign Corporations (Business, Nonprofit & Cooperative)

Foreign business and nonprofit corporations and foreign cooperatives may register with this office by filing a Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Minnesota. 

An annual renewal and fee is required once each calendar year for foreign business corporations and foreign cooperatives.   

For more information, see Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 303.  Note: Chapter 303.03 provides additional information regarding when registration is required with this office.

Other Business Resource Links

Filing Fees  

File your business document online

Forms are available for filing by mail or in person

Last updated: 6/26/2015 7:34:14 AM