• The Governor has called a special election to fill a vacancy in House District 46A (Golden Valley, Plymouth, and St. Louis Park in Hennepin County). The special election will be on November 3. View filed candidates with the candidate finder tool. Write-in candidates may register by October 27 to have votes for them counted separately.
• Find out who is running for office in the 2015 Municipal and School District elections with our candidate finder tool.
• Secretary Simon’s push to make it easier to vote for National Guard members passes the Minnesota Legislature. Read more.
• Secretary Simon’s initiative to strengthen protections for victims of domestic violence passes the Minnesota Legislature. Read more.
• Secretary Simon: Elections bill expands right to time off from work to vote and creates elections emergency planning taskforce. Read more.
• The 2015-2016 Minnesota Legislative Manual (Blue Book) is expected to arrive this summer. If you wish to be notified when the document is available, please complete the notification form.
• Visit the newsroom for recent headlines.
The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State Affirmative Action Policy is available online
Office of The Secretary | Elections & Voting | Business, Nonprofit & UCC | Notary, Apostille & Authentications
Safe at Home |Open Commissions & Appointments | Forms & Publications | Kids & Students | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions